Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.tables
Charu Tevari

Default Table cell does not break across columns [multi-col page]

I've got a 1 cell table on a 2-column page.
I want the table cell to be able to continue from page-column-1 to
page-column-2, and I want the table cell to stay on the same page [the cell
height is less than 2x page column height].

If I uncheck the row property "Allow cell to break across pages", then if
the cell starts in page-column-1 and the cell is longer than the remaining
space in page-column-1, then the bottom of the cell does not wrap to
page-column-2, but disappears- under the footer and continues beyond- it does
not overflow to the next page either and the page count does not increment.

When I have comments in the document, the dotted lines from the comments on
the unviewable part of the cell lead off into the unviewable part and get cut
off at the bottom of the page.

This was observed on Word-2003 running on XP-sp2

This is a bug.

--
Charu Tevari
Software Architect