Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mari

Default Convert to PDF file - page numbers mismatch

I have a Word doc, which is 99 pages, but when I convert to PDF, it becoomes
98 pages. Nothing missing from PDF. It looks that Adobe readjust the page
breaks in the process. Is there any setting that prevents Adobe from
readjusting the page breaks? I am using Word 2002 and Adobe Acrobat v.7.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Set the active printer to Acrobat PDF so that the document will reformat to
that driver before converting.

Mari wrote:
I have a Word doc, which is 99 pages, but when I convert to PDF, it
becoomes 98 pages. Nothing missing from PDF. It looks that Adobe
readjust the page breaks in the process. Is there any setting that
prevents Adobe from readjusting the page breaks? I am using Word 2002
and Adobe Acrobat v.7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

I have seen this happen when you let text flow without manual page breaks.
Acrobat seems to put a little more of your text on a page, resulting in
shorter documents. About the only solution I have been able to come up with
to maintain the same number of pages in a document is to insert manual page
breaks where I want the page to break.

"Mari" wrote:

I have a Word doc, which is 99 pages, but when I convert to PDF, it becoomes
98 pages. Nothing missing from PDF. It looks that Adobe readjust the page
breaks in the process. Is there any setting that prevents Adobe from
readjusting the page breaks? I am using Word 2002 and Adobe Acrobat v.7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mari

I have used [convert to Adobe PDF] button in the toolbar, as well as
selecting File Print from the menu, and select "Adobe PDF" as the printer
name. The result is the same. 99 page Word document becomes 98 page PDF file.

Mari wrote:
I have a Word doc, which is 99 pages, but when I convert to PDF, it
becoomes 98 pages. Nothing missing from PDF. It looks that Adobe
readjust the page breaks in the process. Is there any setting that
prevents Adobe from readjusting the page breaks? I am using Word 2002
and Adobe Acrobat v.7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mari

Thank you. I was hoping there is some kind of setting, either in Word or in
Adobe Distiller, that prevents Adobe from readjusting the page breaks.

"Mari" wrote:

I have a Word doc, which is 99 pages, but when I convert to PDF, it becoomes
98 pages. Nothing missing from PDF. It looks that Adobe readjust the page
breaks in the process. Is there any setting that prevents Adobe from
readjusting the page breaks? I am using Word 2002 and Adobe Acrobat v.7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What Jay was suggesting was that you set the active printer to Adobe PDF.
Then see how many pages your document has. Then use the Convert to Adobe PDF
button. When you change the printer, you may see formatting differences in
the document, but you can then deal with them before creating the PDF; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm