Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Mac Millan

Default View / Print Layout - Strange Behaviour

Hello All,

I am running MS Word 2003 W/SP2. The problem I am about to describe
seems to happen randomly.

I start a new document in Print Layout view. The size is letter /
portrait. The ruler is on and I have the zoom level set to whole page.

The problem is this; If I have the top and bottom margins set to 1" I
only see 9" of paper. If I increase the margins to say 4" I only see 3"
inches of paper. The only way I can get the area outside of the margins to
show is to click on VIEW / HEADER and FOOTER then go back and uncheck VIEW
/ HEADER and FOOTER then the page stays as it should.

I have already deleted the Normal.dot template and restarted Word to see
if this helps but alas the paper is still short it margins.

Any Help Is Appreciated In Resolving This Issue
Thank You
Jim Mac Millan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "White space
between pages" box | OK.

Jim Mac Millan wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Mac Millan

Thanks, that did the trick. I wonder what causes that?! I have not been in
there playing with those check boxes.

Jim Mac Millan

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Jim Mac Millan wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Mac Millan

Suzanne,

Good, at least I know I haven't lost all my marbles ;-) I'm thankful
that MVP's like you take the time to put websites together like this to
explain to us layman why things happen the way they do.

Take Care
Jim Mac Millan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm for an explanation.
It
takes only a single mouse click at an inopportune time.

so
all may benefit.

Jim Mac Millan wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help!

"Jim Mac Millan" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Good, at least I know I haven't lost all my marbles ;-) I'm thankful
that MVP's like you take the time to put websites together like this to
explain to us layman why things happen the way they do.

Take Care
Jim Mac Millan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm for an

explanation.
It
takes only a single mouse click at an inopportune time.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

/