Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnthebaptist

Default Bad spacing of text on labels

I want to print a page of labels, 8.5 x 11, ten down and three across, but
the text is ill-placed on the labels.

When I print it, the text in the first column starts at the left edge of the
label: no left margin on the label. In the middle column a little text is
clipped off on the left all the way down. In the third column a little more
is clipped off on the left . Also, on all labels the right margin is too
wide, resulting in undesireable wrapping. What can I do to to print well
placed text on all the labels? My printer is Canon PIXMA ip4000.

I'm running WindowsXP 2002 Home Edition with Office 2003 Professional
Edition installed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Create a label template formatted the way you want and do a mailmerge to it.
Or create the labels first and then format.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"johnthebaptist" wrote in message
I want to print a page of labels, 8.5 x 11, ten down and three across, but
the text is ill-placed on the labels.

When I print it, the text in the first column starts at the left edge of
the
label: no left margin on the label. In the middle column a little text is
clipped off on the left all the way down. In the third column a little
more
is clipped off on the left . Also, on all labels the right margin is too
wide, resulting in undesireable wrapping. What can I do to to print well
placed text on all the labels? My printer is Canon PIXMA ip4000.

I'm running WindowsXP 2002 Home Edition with Office 2003 Professional
Edition installed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnthebaptist

Thanks, Charles. Let me get started on the label template, which I take to
be a page setup with blank labels, 10 down and 3 across. I stumbled across
this way of setting up a page of labels in Word as I was working on my
project. I'll have to rediscover it. Anyway, once I find it I think you're
suggesting that I enter mail merge fields on the labels and then merge my
data to the fields. Right?

On creating the labels first, then formatting: that's where the problem
with the right LABEL (not page) margin comes in. Word's dialog window for
the label has the wide right margin and I don't know how to adjust it. For
that matter, I can't adjust the left label margin, either, which starts the
text right at the left edge of the label.