Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Al Al is offline

Default merging documents

Hi I have a series of word documents that I want to merge into a single
documednt

Can someone advise the best way to undertake this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

IMHO, the simplest way in Word 2000 (may be in others) is first list the
files with a pen (gasp) on paper, then load in the first document. Go to the
end. Insert | File | (choose the next file) and keep repeating this until
you have collected all the documents. Save As (the new name). There may be
more elegant ways, in which case the experts here will soon shoot me down!
-

"Al" wrote in message
Hi I have a series of word documents that I want to merge into a single
documednt

Can someone advise the best way to undertake this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I don't know about 'more elegant' but as long as you're not talking about
*dozens* of docs and they are all in the same folder you can just go into
the InsertFile dialog & hold down the Ctrl key while you click the names of
the files **In the REVERSE order** of how they should be inserted, then
click the Insert button. It makes it real easy if the files are named in a
sequential manner rather than randomly listed.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Al" wrote in message
Hi I have a series of word documents that I want to merge into a single
documednt

Can someone advise the best way to undertake this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I didn't know that one! Very good but IMHO even more important that the OP
makes a *written* note of all the files he wants to concatenate, and ticks
them off as he goes.