Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klkmsna klkmsna is offline

Default Import from Access 2007 Query

When I try to do a mail merge using an Access 2007 Query that contains
parameters, the import fails. I get a dialogue box in word (2007) titled
"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" with the information "Could not
find file 'blah, blah, blah.mdb' contained in the body of the dialogue box.
The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from. I migrated
this db from Access 95 to Access 2007....it's looking for the old db???? Is
there something I can do about this?

This does not occur when I import queries that don't contain parameters.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To use a parameter query as a data source, use the old DDE connection method
to connect to Access. If you were using any version of Word prior to XP/2002
previously, that would have been the default method. To use DDE in Word
2007, clcik the Office button, Word Options, Advanced, General and check
"Confirm file format conversion on open". Then go through the process of
selecting your database again and select the DDE option in the extra dialog
box you see.

I think that is the problem in this case, anyway.

The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from

FWIW, Word 2007 seems to use temp files when dealing with data source rather
more than previous versions did, and I'm wondering whether that is why you
are seeing a different file name.

Peter Jamieson

"klkmsna" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using an Access 2007 Query that contains
parameters, the import fails. I get a dialogue box in word (2007) titled
"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" with the information "Could
not
find file 'blah, blah, blah.mdb' contained in the body of the dialogue
box.
The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from. I migrated
this db from Access 95 to Access 2007....it's looking for the old db????
Is
there something I can do about this?

This does not occur when I import queries that don't contain parameters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klkmsna klkmsna is offline

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, and I'm still stuck. Had no
problems finding teh "Confirm file format conversion on open." checked it --
never saw the extra dialog box that would allow me to select the DDE option.
I got a dialog box titled "confirm data source" with the body text "Open Data
Source: OLE DB Database Files" (ok or cancel). When I click ok, I see many
of the tables and queries from my db -- but none of the queries that have
parameters.

"klkmsna" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using an Access 2007 Query that contains
parameters, the import fails. I get a dialogue box in word (2007) titled
"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" with the information "Could
not
find file 'blah, blah, blah.mdb' contained in the body of the dialogue
box.
The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from. I migrated
this db from Access 95 to Access 2007....it's looking for the old db????
Is
there something I can do about this?

This does not occur when I import queries that don't contain parameters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, at this point

I got a dialog box titled "confirm data source"

you probably also need to check the "show all" box and look for "MS Access
Databases via DDE"

Peter Jamieson

"klkmsna" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using an Access 2007 Query that contains
parameters, the import fails. I get a dialogue box in word (2007)
titled
"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" with the information "Could
not
find file 'blah, blah, blah.mdb' contained in the body of the dialogue
box.
The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from. I migrated
this db from Access 95 to Access 2007....it's looking for the old
db????
Is
there something I can do about this?

This does not occur when I import queries that don't contain
parameters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
klkmsna klkmsna is offline

OK, found the "MS Access Databases via DDE" selected it, and clicked ok. Got
the same dialog box "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" Could not
find file C\Users\MicheleSwitzer\Documents\MSNA\Database.mdb ." FYI, the file
referenced in the dialog box is NOT the Access 95 db I migrated to Access
2000.

OK, at this point

"klkmsna" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using an Access 2007 Query that contains
parameters, the import fails. I get a dialogue box in word (2007)
titled
"ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" with the information "Could
not
find file 'blah, blah, blah.mdb' contained in the body of the dialogue
box.
The file referenced in the
dialogue box IS NOT the database I'm pulling the data from. I migrated
this db from Access 95 to Access 2007....it's looking for the old
db????
Is
there something I can do about this?

This does not occur when I import queries that don't contain
parameters.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Just to be su
a. what is the pathname of the file you /are/ trying to use
b. are you definitely selecting it in the step before you see the Confirm
data source dialog box?

I will have to take another look at this as well.

Peter Jamieson

"klkmsna" wrote in message
OK, found the "MS Access Databases via DDE" selected it, and clicked ok.
Got
the same dialog box "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed" Could not
find file C\Users\MicheleSwitzer\Documents\MSNA\Database.mdb ." FYI, the
file
referenced in the dialog box is NOT the Access 95 db I migrated to Access
2000.

OK, at this point

"klkmsna" wrote in message
[...]

Inserting an Access db query Judy Ward Tables 2 June 5th 07 07:22 PM
Fields from Access Query Shannon Mailmerge 1 December 5th 06 04:39 AM
Missing Access Query Sondra Mailmerge 1 August 15th 06 05:13 PM
Merge with Access Query rsw Mailmerge 8 June 12th 06 07:01 PM
Access query not listed jbc Mailmerge 1 April 26th 06 01:15 AM