Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy K. Amy K. is offline

Default Read-Only Cannot Remove

I have several basic word documents that are somehow read-only.
May are an elegant fax template.
I have never created a document to be read only...it's very strange.

I cannot remove this feature.
I need to have all users edit the documents freely!...not locked up by
read-only.
Changing the name they are saved as is not efficient.

Help...Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silver Fox[_2_] Silver Fox[_2_] is offline

"Amy K." wrote:

I have several basic word documents that are somehow read-only.
May are an elegant fax template.
I have never created a document to be read only...it's very strange.

I cannot remove this feature.
I need to have all users edit the documents freely!...not locked up by
read-only.
Changing the name they are saved as is not efficient.

Help...Thank you!

Simply right click on the file icon | then Properties | then ensure the box
next to Read Only is not ticked.
S Fox