Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Kovalsky Jim Kovalsky is offline

Default Problems with Print and Print Preview in Word 2007?

I have a system that is exhibiting one of the strangest behaviors I've
ever seen..maybe someone can give me some direction on where to go
next..

I have a document (97-2003 .doc file) that has several text boxes and
one image. If I login as administrator, the file looks, prints, and
previews fine. If I log in as a different user, the file LOOKS OK
when I open it, but when I preview or print it, only one of the text
boxes shows up.

This document works fine from other pcs running earlier versions of
Office, and they are all loading the same file from the same location
in a shared folder. I have tried updating the printer drivers,
without any change. I installed a generic HP4 driver as a test, and I
get the same results. If I copy the file to my local machine, and
open in Word 2007, the preview is fine....

I've tried converting to .docx without any change. I've backed it
down to RTF with no change... The system is current on all XP and
Office updates... Anyone have a clue where to go next? I'm ready to
uninstall Office 2007 and go back to an earlier version!

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

This may not be applicable if some of the text boxes do print while
others don't, but with Word you never know...

In the Word Options dialog, on the Display tab, under "Printing
options", make sure "Print drawings created in Word" is checked. You
may find that it is checked in the admin login but not in the other
user's login. Even if it is checked, try unchecking it, closing and
reopening the dialog, and rechecking it.

It might also be worth repairing the non-admin user's Data key in the
registry -- see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm and use
Office\12.0 in the key name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

registry -- seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htmand use

wrote:
[...]

Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org

THANK YOU!!!!

Changing that setting under Word Options|Display (Once I figured out
where the #*&^$@&^%*&# that was hidden!) solved the problem
immediately. I appreciate your help!

Jim