BenP

Default Column Sort

Hello,

Is there a way to sort 2 columns that were created with a
table so they merge or sort together?

I have a company referral list in Word that that spans 2
columns on one page. When I add a new referral, I can't
sort both columns together so they are alphabetical. I
always have to move referrals from one column to the
other. Any ideas or a better way to do this? Thanks!
Stefan Blom

I'm not quite sure that I understand what you are trying to do. Are
you saying that column 2 contains the same type of data as column 1?
In other words, column 2 simply continues the data of column 1, and
you want it to be sorted the following way:

A D
B E
C F

If this is what you want to accomplish, I'd suggest using a single
column table for your entries, adding rows whenever you need to add
new data. In order to display data in two columns, format the document
to have newspaper columns: On the Format menu, click Columns. Under
Presets, click "Two", and then click OK.

To sort data: On the Table menu, click Sort. Choose to sort rows based
on the contents of the first column.

Alternatively, if you really need a two-column table, you can sort
rows based on the contents of the first column, the second column or
on both columns in sequence. Just make the appropriate selections in
the TableSort dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom