Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
William William is offline

Default HEADER issue

Word 2003/XP

I have a problem with the Header in a document with four sectiions. In
section one I select the "First Page Only" option for the header, but the
same header appears on the first page of all four sections and I only want it
in the first section. I've tried selecting the "This section" and the "Whole
document" in the "Apply to" option in Page Setup/Layout tab, but nothing
changes. Ideas?

Thx,
--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you selected Different First Page in the Page Layout settings, then it
provides a different first page for EVERY section. So you don't want to use
that setting.

Instead, create your first page and insert a Section Break, Next Page. On
the following page, go into the Header and in the H&F toolbar, deselect the
Link to Previous option. Now you can have a different H&F on the front page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"William" wrote in message
Word 2003/XP

I have a problem with the Header in a document with four sectiions. In
section one I select the "First Page Only" option for the header, but the
same header appears on the first page of all four sections and I only want
it
in the first section. I've tried selecting the "This section" and the
"Whole
document" in the "Apply to" option in Page Setup/Layout tab, but nothing
changes. Ideas?

Thx,
--
William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Actually, it is quite possible to have a "Different first page" for only one
section in Word. The setting can be turned off for the second and subsequent
sections. (The reason it was enabled for all sections in this case is
probably that when you insert a section break, you are duplicating the
settings of the existing section.)

For more on headers and footers in Word, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

header issue Mikey Page Layout 1 February 12th 09 12:57 AM
header issue Joyce Page Layout 1 December 12th 08 03:22 AM
TOC & Header numbering issue annoni Microsoft Word Help 3 September 18th 08 12:55 AM
header issue Ken Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 07 12:56 AM
header issue JIP Tables 7 May 30th 06 11:25 PM