Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OfficePeterson OfficePeterson is offline

Default printing wrong margins

Hi there,

I set up a new version of office 2007 and used word for the first time
today. I used it in the past on the SAME EXACT printer but a different
computer. So I had to install a brand new copy on my new computer with a
different user code, etc. I created custom margins so the document will print
in the middle of the page to fit our letterhead. However it will only print
the text informtion on the top. It is centered right (i.e. the left and right
margins are correct) but the text ALWAYS prints right on the very top. This
happened with labels as well, i.e. when I need to print a label I type in the
address usually toward the bottom and it always prints at the top on my label
sheet. Again, the left and right margins are correct, but the text entered
(no margin adjustment made on the labels) does not print toward the bottom of
the page. Any help here?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Very difficult to understand without seeing it. When you say 'right on the
very top', am I correct in understanding that the text of the main body is
printing over the top of the Letterhead?

But I don't understand why you changed margins or and other settings. Just
open the legacy document in Word 2007 and it should look identical. Why do
you need redesign the layout? Do you not have a template with the letterhead
and layout already prepared? How did you do this in your previous version of
Word?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"OfficePeterson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OfficePeterson OfficePeterson is offline

The letterhead is preprinted; we set it on the printer and print onto it. It
is not in the word doc. THus we adjust the margins to fit the letterhead.

Even if I just print on plain paper and the margins are at default, text
still prints on the very top of the page. If i hit 'enter' and move it down,
it shows in print preview as being in the middle of the page. However, when
printed it still is at the very top.

I use the same printer on my computer with Word 2007 and have no issues, so
I know it is not the printer.

Should I re=install word? I don't know if i have the product key to do this
or how to even reinstall without having to repurchase!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Under Page Layout, make sure that Vertical Alignment is set to TOP. Then
check that the top margin setting is sufficient to clear the Header paper.
Also check you have the correct size paper selected.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OfficePeterson OfficePeterson is offline

The setting: 'Align top' is in gray and is not an option for me. The top
margin even when set at default is printing text in the header, and I have no
info typed into the header. Paper selected is correct. Any other ideas?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

OK. I've received the document and there's nothing wrong with it at all. I
cannot fault it. There's a 1.63" top margin (which I guess is ample for the
headed paper) and it printed fine.

My next guess is that this happens to all documents you try to print and
that maybe you have a partially corrupt printer driver. Try deleting and
reinstalling the printer (making sure that you have the latest driver
available for your printer/OS).

Terry