Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MSUSER MSUSER is offline

Default How can I add something AFTER endnotes in MSWord?

I need to add references after the endnotes in a manuscript that I'm working
on. But I can't add anything after them (without it being a part of the last
note).
At this point in the document (in the endnotes) the option of adding in a
break of any sort is missing. It's invisible, there's nothing to click on.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the references will not extend beyond the bottom of the page, you could
insert them into a Textbox that you insert after the EndNotes

If that is not the case, on a copy of the document, you could run a macro
containing the following code to convert the EndNotes to ordinarly text so
that you can then do whatever you like after them. (use a copy in case the
document needs to be modified in which case, you could run the macro again
and then copy and paste the references.

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document
' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.
'
Dim aendnote As Endnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range
aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"
Next aendnote
For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes
aendnote.Reference.Delete
Next aendnote
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font
.Superscript = True
End With
With Selection.Find
.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"
.Replacement.Text = "\2"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = True
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"MSuser" wrote in message
I need to add references after the endnotes in a manuscript that I'm
working
on. But I can't add anything after them (without it being a part of the
last
note).
At this point in the document (in the endnotes) the option of adding in a
break of any sort is missing. It's invisible, there's nothing to click
on.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MSuser" wrote in message
I need to add references after the endnotes in a manuscript that I'm
working
on. But I can't add anything after them (without it being a part of the
last
note).
At this point in the document (in the endnotes) the option of adding in a
break of any sort is missing. It's invisible, there's nothing to click
on.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Why has MSWord suddenly blocked all of my old MSWord files? dsmetts Microsoft Word Help 1 November 21st 08 04:17 PM
endnotes suewho Microsoft Word Help 1 September 3rd 08 01:46 PM
Re-Using Endnotes Cmdr Slam Microsoft Word Help 8 April 3rd 08 03:33 AM
Endnotes Dee Microsoft Word Help 1 April 18th 06 10:58 PM
How do I convert chapter endnotes into book endnotes? Frustrated Secretary Microsoft Word Help 1 March 5th 06 04:57 PM