Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matto Matto is offline

Default Page Color

Hola. I am trying to write up a report. I want the 1st page to be a certain
color and then the rest to be white or no color. it seems that there's one
color for the whole document. How do I change it to be formatted for one
color for 1st page, then default for the rest? Pease help!!
--
Needin'''' some help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Use the different first page option in Page Layout and then place a colour
filled box in the first page Header stretching it to fill edge to edge.

Note that your printer is most unlikely to bleed the colour to the page
edges, so you will have a small white margin around the edge of the page
dependent on the printer type and driver.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Matto" wrote in message
Hola. I am trying to write up a report. I want the 1st page to be a
certain
color and then the rest to be white or no color. it seems that there's
one
color for the whole document. How do I change it to be formatted for one
color for 1st page, then default for the rest? Pease help!!
--
Needin'''' some help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Matto wrote:
Hola. I am trying to write up a report. I want the 1st page to be a
certain color and then the rest to be white or no color. it seems
that there's one color for the whole document. How do I change it to
be formatted for one color for 1st page, then default for the rest?
Pease help!!

Click in the first paragraph on the first page. Insert a rectangle drawing
object. Fill it with the color you want, and turn off the line around it.
Drag the sides or corners to the right size. Right-click it and choose Text
Wrapping Behind Text.

Unless you have a photo printer that can print all the way to the edges of
the paper, you're going to have a white border of about 0.2 inch all the way
around the page when you print. There is nothing you can do about that --
it's a limitation of the printer -- so it might be best to buy some colored
paper and print the first page separately onto it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matto Matto is offline

Hi Terry - You put me on the right path..worked great. Thanks for your help

Needin'''' some help!