Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
wal[_2_] wal[_2_] is offline

Default Asian paragraph settings - cannot change

Word 2007
Vista

Sometimes I have to revise Word documents created by others who
apparently have certain Asian paragraph settings on their machines
that affect character spacing. (For example, a series of two simple
character spaces (Space Bar spaces) will break between them if the
first one happens to fall at the end of a line of text.)

Is there any way to undo such settings without loading the Asian add-
ons (or whatever they are) onto my system?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Tools, Options, Compatibility tab, (or Layout Options in Word 2007), clear
the option 'Wrap trailing spaces to next line'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP