Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
KarenMA KarenMA is offline

Default show/hide and tables breaing across pages

When we receive a document in Word generated by a MAC user the pagination is
correct when I view with the formatting marks visible. However when I toggle
the show/hide button the tables split across pages with one row per page. A
doc with 144 pages might go to 380 pages. Has anyone experienced this? How do
we remedy this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

My guess is that each table fits a page EXACTLY, probably with a hidden
paragraph at the end of every table (tables have to be followed by a
paragraph mark, so in order to fill a page with a single table, the final
paragraph mark is hidden). When you toggle on the non-printing characters,
the hidden paragraph appears so that the tables no longer fit to a page
causing total mayhem with the formatting that Word just cannot resolve.

Check out the tables. Are they followed by a hidden empty paragraph? What
the user should have done to keep a table on a single page is to format the
paragraph to Keep Lines Together and Keep with Next plus to clear the Allow
Rows to Break Across Page Ends option. That will then keep a table to a
single page (providing it fits).

If that is what is happening, you may be able to resolve this by using Find
and Replace to find the hidden paragraph breaks, and replace them with
unhidden paragraph breaks at 1 pt size.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"KarenMA" wrote in message
When we receive a document in Word generated by a MAC user the pagination
is
correct when I view with the formatting marks visible. However when I
toggle
the show/hide button the tables split across pages with one row per page.
doc with 144 pages might go to 380 pages. Has anyone experienced this? How
do
we remedy this?

Clicking Show/Hide Button still can't hide the arrows-formatting m cute mouse Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 07 04:27 AM
TOC field codes will not hide when commanded by HIDE/SHOW tile. RECONSMITH Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 07 09:24 PM
show/hide section depending on number of pages in section ivory_kitten Page Layout 7 June 13th 06 11:59 AM
Show/Hide Peg K Microsoft Word Help 7 May 23rd 06 09:19 PM
the tab indication doesn't show via Show/Hide ¶ button Jack Microsoft Word Help 2 December 4th 04 10:07 PM