Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
skeleher skeleher is offline

Default setting the default page layout view when viewing doc in print pre

How do you set the default view to PRINT layout in the VIEW menu when viewing
a document in print preview? (Word 2000).
Whenever I open a document the default view is set to READING layout and I
haven't been able to find the option in the TOOLS, OPTIONS menu to reset the
default to PRINT layout.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Since Reading Layout view was introduced in Word 2003, I doubt that you're
seeing it in Word 2000. Moreover, Print Preview is a specific view that
contrasts with Print Layout and other views. So it's possible you're asking
how to set the view of a document on opening (Print Layout vs. Normal), in
which case, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

But I suspect what you're asking is how to get a preview picture of the
document in the Preview view in the File Open dialog; for that, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/PreviewPicture.htm.

"skeleher" wrote in message
How do you set the default view to PRINT layout in the VIEW menu when

viewing
a document in print preview? (Word 2000).
Whenever I open a document the default view is set to READING layout and I
haven't been able to find the option in the TOOLS, OPTIONS menu to reset

the
default to PRINT layout.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
skeleher skeleher is offline

Default setting the default page layout view when viewing doc in print

Thanks Suzanne. I actually made a typo and do have Word 2003. I also found
the answer to this question about 30 seconds after I posted it - which is
usually the case. When I ask for help, I always then find the answer myself
shortly thereafter!
The setting I had to make was Tools, Options, General, and uncheck "allow
starting in Reading layout". This has reset the default to PRINT layout now
when I open a document, which is my preference when working with Word docs.
Thank you, and I've bookmarked your website for future reference!
Sherri Keleher

"skeleher" wrote in message
How do you set the default view to PRINT layout in the VIEW menu when

viewing
a document in print preview? (Word 2000).
Whenever I open a document the default view is set to READING layout and I
haven't been able to find the option in the TOOLS, OPTIONS menu to reset

the
default to PRINT layout.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yep, that's the answer I'd have given if you'd provided the correct version!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Since Reading Layout view was introduced in Word 2003, I doubt that

you're
seeing it in Word 2000. Moreover, Print Preview is a specific view that
contrasts with Print Layout and other views. So it's possible you're

asking
how to set the view of a document on opening (Print Layout vs. Normal),

in
which case, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

But I suspect what you're asking is how to get a preview picture of the
document in the Preview view in the File Open dialog; for that, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/PreviewPicture.htm.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.