Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
primascopy

Default iintermittant bad font spacing?

When I print out Word docs, sometimes the spacing comes out oddly. It maybe
fine one time it is printed then bad the next or bad three times later. For
example, a comma may print on top of the previous letter so you cannot see it
at all--yet it is there on the screen. As a stop gap measure, I expand a
portion of the sentence to compensate and usually that works temporarily, but
then something happens somewhere else.
(Not sure if its relevant, but I share docs with a gal who works in a
Turkish and Spanish and French environment. I write, she edits and returns
things to me.)
Lately I have been sspending a lot of time pasting "old docs" into "fresh"
docs as this seem to fix things temporarily...HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly the language at the insertion point is Turkish, Spanish, or French
instead of English? Or you have an international keyboard enabled? These
might result in a comma or apostrophe, for example, being interpreted as a
deadkey or setup key for an accented character.

"primascopy" wrote in message
When I print out Word docs, sometimes the spacing comes out oddly. It

maybe
fine one time it is printed then bad the next or bad three times later.

For
example, a comma may print on top of the previous letter so you cannot see

it
at all--yet it is there on the screen. As a stop gap measure, I expand a
portion of the sentence to compensate and usually that works temporarily,

but
then something happens somewhere else.
(Not sure if its relevant, but I share docs with a gal who works in a
Turkish and Spanish and French environment. I write, she edits and returns
things to me.)
Lately I have been sspending a lot of time pasting "old docs" into "fresh"
docs as this seem to fix things temporarily...HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
primascopy

Default intermittant bad font spacing?

I do not have an international keyboard enabled, although I switch between
Spanish and English lanugages in documents. My colleague in Turkey uses
French, Spanish and English on her laptop and she works in a Turikish
internet cafes that probably has a Turkish language enabled keyboard.

This intermittant spacing problem does not only occur by commas, it occurs
when changing fonts from a word that is "normal" to a word that is "bold".
Sometimes a letter or part of letter extends into the right margin even
though the text is set to be fully justified! Sometimes spaces between words
practically disappear.

I have tried to use styles to fix this. I have pasted entire documents into
a "fresh" document thnking that perhaps the old docuemtn I used as a bas came
from WordPerfect or an earilier version of Word ('95, 2000, etc.). I have
highlighted setions or the entire document and chosen English as the language.

I make frequent PDFs to send to clients to proof and have begun to wonder if
making multiple PDFs could be the cause.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would be more inclined to think the problem is with a damaged font or
printer driver.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Possibly the language at the insertion point is Turkish, Spanish, or

French
instead of English? Or you have an international keyboard enabled? These
might result in a comma or apostrophe, for example, being interpreted as

deadkey or setup key for an accented character.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
primascopy

Reinstall the print driver or reinstall the font or both?
If there not a way to diagnose which is the problem? A test to do? [I have
noticed that some of the odd spacing problems have occured when printing at a
copy center(my file on their computer)--not just at home.]
Could it be a corrupt "norma" template?

If the only way or best way to deal with this spcaing problem is to
reinstall something...where would I find out how to do that?

Reinstall it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the problem occurs using a different printer driver (and hence different
font files as well), then it is NOT the font or printer driver. It *could*
be a corrupt Normal.dot. You can troubleshoot that by renaming Normal.dot or
starting Word in Safe Mode and seeing whether the problem recurs.

"primascopy" wrote in message
Reinstall the print driver or reinstall the font or both?
If there not a way to diagnose which is the problem? A test to do? [I have
noticed that some of the odd spacing problems have occured when printing

at a
copy center(my file on their computer)--not just at home.]
Could it be a corrupt "norma" template?

If the only way or best way to deal with this spcaing problem is to
reinstall something...where would I find out how to do that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Reinstall it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Possibly the language at the insertion point is Turkish,

Spanish, or
French
instead of English? Or you have an international keyboard

enabled?
These
might result in a comma or apostrophe, for example, being

interpreted as
deadkey or setup key for an accented character.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"primascopy" wrote in

message