Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wenpeek

Default Printing links in Word

I have a question about printing hyperlinks in Word. I have MS Office
2003 and when I'm surfing the net I come across a site that lists other
useful websites that I'd like to check out, I like to copy those links
into a Word document so that I can print them out and refer to them
later. What I'd like to know is there a way to copy these sites so
that when I paste them into Word they show up as the actual links?

For example:
On a webpage you see the words officefrusturation with a brief
description of what the site is about. If you click on
officefrusturation it takes you directly to the site.

When I do a copy and paste I want to copy this information but I want
the actual site address of www.officefrusturation.com to show up
instead of the words officefrusturation that's a clickable link so that
when I print this document I see the actual web address.

I hope I explained this right.

Wendy Peek ~ Dallas, Texas

--
wenpeek
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's no single-click way to do this, but it can be done. Paste the link
into Word as before; then do one of the following:

1. Press Alt+F9. You'll see the underlying field code, something like {
HYPERLINK "http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm" }. Select
the text between the quotes and copy it. Press Alt+F9 again and paste the
link in place of the display text. If this results in the hyperlink no
longer being clickable, you'll need to turn it back into a hyperlink; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm for instructions.

2. Alternatively, right-click on the hyperlink and choose Edit Hyperlink.
Select the text in the "Address" box and copy; then paste it into the "Text
to display" box, and click OK. This is probably a more satisfactory method
if you need the hyperlink to be clickable.

"wenpeek" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wenpeek

{
HYPERLINK "http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm" }.
Select
the text between the quotes and copy it. Press Alt+F9 again and paste
the
link in place of the display text. If this results in the hyperlink no
longer being clickable, you'll need to turn it back into a hyperlink;
see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm for
instructions.

2. Alternatively, right-click on the hyperlink and choose Edit
Hyperlink.
Select the text in the "Address" box and copy; then paste it into the
"Text
to display" box, and click OK. This is probably a more satisfactory
method
if you need the hyperlink to be clickable.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

I'm gonna give option 1 a shot and see how that works out. I tried
option 2 but for some reason when I right clicked to paste nothing
happened and I ended up having to type the address in ghe display box
(which was pretty stupid cuz I could have just done that on the actual
document). Thanks for the help. :-)

Wendy Peek ~ Dallas, Texas

--
wenpeek
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, I forgot to mention that you have to use Ctrl+V to paste (Ctrl+C to
copy). Since this is the only way I ever do it, I forget that others are
dependent on toolbar buttons and shortcut menus.