Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradford

Default Microsoft word 2003

I have been having a lot of problems with opening Microsoft word 2003 trial
version. When opening it just freezes on my screen. I can only open at
start up, when the program tells me that it had problems opening before and
ask if I want to open in safe mode. I also cannot do the office update
installation engine it just freezes up everytime I do it. I am not having
these issues with excel or outlook. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
then repair the installation from the help menu
finally work through the troubleshooting tips at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Bradford wrote:
I have been having a lot of problems with opening Microsoft word 2003
trial version. When opening it just freezes on my screen. I can
only open at start up, when the program tells me that it had problems
opening before and ask if I want to open in safe mode. I also cannot
do the office update installation engine it just freezes up everytime
I do it. I am not having these issues with excel or outlook. Please
help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bradford

Graham, Thank you so much for your help. I went to the webiste that you
suggested, word.mvps.org and found the solution to my problem. After trying
everything I found something that related to Norton Antivirus and disabling
it for word. Oh my god this worked. I spent an entire week trying to figure
this out and the very last thing I tried seems to be the answer. Again thank
you so much for your suggestions. I truly do appreciate it.

Take care.

Dee Dee Bradforde