Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Broken man

Default To create a form

I would like to create a form that can be filled in on screen and printed.
This form will consist of date, name, time etc. at the top. In the body of
the form there will be a table. How do I open a blank template (when I click
File|New I am only given the option of a Blank document, XML Doc, Web Page,
From existing doc.) I have tried saving as a template, but that still
doesen't seem to allow me to protect the form.
Also every time I try creating a frame for the top info, it moves my text
around, I've turned off the grid lines but it still happens. Who would of
thought that creating a form would be so frustrating. Oh yeah I'm using Word
2003. Any other hints, or warnings about other problems I may encounter (once
I can get started) would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Do not use anything from the Controls Toolbox; use the Forms Toolbar only.
There is a button on that toolbar that lets you protect your document for
forms.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Broken man" wrote in message
I would like to create a form that can be filled in on screen and printed.
This form will consist of date, name, time etc. at the top. In the body of
the form there will be a table. How do I open a blank template (when I
click
File|New I am only given the option of a Blank document, XML Doc, Web
Page,
From existing doc.) I have tried saving as a template, but that still