Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KC

Default Word 2003 problems

I often work on Word documents for several hours without closing them,
and I've found that when I go to close them, it takes 5-10 min.
Sometimes the task manager pops up to say the program isn't
responding, but usually, if I let it go long enough, the program will
close properly, saving my changes etc. I looked on Microsoft's
website for a solution and came up with
I'm not sure this really fix applies to me, but regardless, my
computer says I can't uninstall the update that's suggested is
causing the problem.
I'm running office 2003 Pro; 512 MB RAM, Windows XP. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure you don't have Fast Saves enabled and that you have been saving at
least four times an hour (our usual recommendation is to press Ctrl+S every
time your hands are idle on the keyboard). I don't guarantee that this will
make a difference in your situation, but it is two pieces of very good
advice in general.

"KC" wrote in message
oups.com...
I often work on Word documents for several hours without closing them,
and I've found that when I go to close them, it takes 5-10 min.
Sometimes the task manager pops up to say the program isn't
responding, but usually, if I let it go long enough, the program will
close properly, saving my changes etc. I looked on Microsoft's
website for a solution and came up with
I'm not sure this really fix applies to me, but regardless, my
computer says I can't uninstall the update that's suggested is
causing the problem.
I'm running office 2003 Pro; 512 MB RAM, Windows XP. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KC

Thanks! I'll try it.