Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VioletDC VioletDC is offline

Default Slow Word Response (2003/XP)

I've gone thru several posts here, but they're rather dated, so I'm asking
again. I'm having an issue all of a sudden--can't do anything in Word w/out
it taking forever & a day! Opening/saving is a chore; using simple
formatting tasks (i.e., format/paragraph or font, etc.) even takes longer
than usual. Any suggestions??? It's killing me, here!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jones jones is offline

Sorry Violet, don't have an answer - I am in the same predicament as you
are. Hope we get an answer soon. Using Word 2000 (old but comfortable) and
XP.

Katherine

"VioletDC" wrote in message

I've gone thru several posts here, but they're rather dated, so I'm asking
again. I'm having an issue all of a sudden--can't do anything in Word
w/out
it taking forever & a day! Opening/saving is a chore; using simple
formatting tasks (i.e., format/paragraph or font, etc.) even takes longer
than usual. Any suggestions??? It's killing me, here!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
VioletDC VioletDC is offline

Thanks, Jay. I figured it out. It was 1 of Verizon's downloads they
installed on my PC. Specifically, their Help & Call Center application,
which is 100MB+! As soon as I performed the Add/Delete Programs and got rid
of it, EVERYTHING sped up! No more issues w/Outlook (except 4 that pesky
sign-in/verify password popup!!! What's up w/THAT?--sorry ... got carried
away; that's a whole 'nother conversation) or Word anymore, so I'm happy.

.

slow response Bob Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 08 03:24 PM
Word 2007 NOT RESPONDING - slow response time MIRROS New Users 3 July 26th 08 07:04 AM
Slow Response bsbm525 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 05 03:43 AM
drop down directory list office 2003; slow response click on randallc Microsoft Word Help 2 October 3rd 05 05:08 AM
Slow Response Virginia Microsoft Word Help 1 April 20th 05 07:39 AM