Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurenmontiel1 laurenmontiel1 is offline

Default Formatting Pictures Button Gone!

On the Format tab when you incert a picture, I use to be able to change she
shape, add a border, or some other effect, shading, fadeing... I ud=sed it
all the time and now it's just GONE! How do I get it back.. Where did it go?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You do not say what version of Word you are using, but in 2007 and later,
some of the ribbon tabs are context sensitive (they only appear when the
selection is in, or contains an object to which they are relevant). The
Format (picture) tab is one of those and it will only appear when an object
to which it is relevant (a picture) is selected.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"laurenmontiel1" wrote in message
On the Format tab when you incert a picture, I use to be able to change
she
shape, add a border, or some other effect, shading, fadeing... I ud=sed it
all the time and now it's just GONE! How do I get it back.. Where did it
go?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you're working in Compatibility Mode, that is are using a document saved
in the 97-2003 file format, then the Picture Tools Format tab will only show
those formats compatible with the previous versions. You'll need to convert
your document to the new file format in order to utilize those formatting
options that are compatible with the new file format. For this, click the
Office Button and then click Convert.

Note you can save your file back to the old file format after you've
modified your pictures but the formatting of the images will be limited and
you may encounter unexpected results if you try.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP