Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G-SC G-SC is offline

Default Sheets in Word 2007

Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can be done
in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you mean tabbed documents - no.

G-SC wrote:
Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can
be done in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"G-SC" wrote in message
Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can be
done
in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G-SC[_2_] G-SC[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the answer.

G-SC wrote:
Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can
be done in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BrianW BrianW is offline

I know this was already answered for 2007, but will 2010 have this feature?
If there are no plans, please do make plans for this. I am thinking about
writing a book, and it would be GREAT to be able to have the book itself in
some sort of main tab, but I could create a new side tab for various sections
of the book, then "link" them back to the main tab. so if I have a scene in
my head that doesn't happen until the end of the book, I just write it down
in a tab, then when I write the rest of the book and get to that section, I
imbed a "link" to the tab. That way whenever I change something in the tab,
it also changes in the main section. That would be fantastic!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"G-SC" wrote in message
Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can be
done
in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Word 2010 won't have this, either. And since it's now in public beta,
there's zero chance that it'll show up in the final release. There is
(and has been, since 2007) such a feature in OneNote.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:06:01 -0800, BrianW
wrote:

I know this was already answered for 2007, but will 2010 have this feature?
If there are no plans, please do make plans for this. I am thinking about
writing a book, and it would be GREAT to be able to have the book itself in
some sort of main tab, but I could create a new side tab for various sections
of the book, then "link" them back to the main tab. so if I have a scene in
my head that doesn't happen until the end of the book, I just write it down
in a tab, then when I write the rest of the book and get to that section, I
imbed a "link" to the tab. That way whenever I change something in the tab,
it also changes in the main section. That would be fantastic!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"G-SC" wrote in message
Is there a way to create multiple sheets in Word 2007 just like can be
done
in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Sort of, but not exactly the way I suspect you are envisioning it to work.
:-) The Navigation pane provides the ability to quickly navigate a document
(similar to a TOC) and makes it easy to add new tabs (sections) and
rearrange them. It's pretty slick, actually -- I love it. I used to use
Outline view for this but now it's so much easier.

What you do is associate each of your sections with a Heading style and you
can have multiple levels/sections below your primary heading. For example,
each chapter would be Heading 1 and each section within that chapter would
be Heading 2, or lower, depending on how your book is structured, again,
much list a TOC. The Navigation pane will display a tab for each Heading 1
and any headings below. You can simply click the heading to quickly navigate
to that section.

If you want to insert a new heading (section/tab) then just right-click a
heading in the Navigation pane and choose whether you want to insert it
above or below the selected heading. So if you want to add to the end, just
right-click the last tab and use the New Heading After option. To rearrange
the headings, all you need to do is drag/drop the Headings within the pane.
So if you decided a scene needs to be moved up, just drag/drop it to where
it should belong. All of the associated text will move with it.

You'll also find some handy options when you right-click a heading in the
Navigation pane, such as "Print Heading and Content" which is great for when
you want to review a specific portion of your document in printed form.

For more on the Navigation pane, and some screenshots of what I'm referring
to, take a look at the Word Team's blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...tion-pane.aspx

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"BrianW" wrote in message
I know this was already answered for 2007, but will 2010 have this
feature?
If there are no plans, please do make plans for this. I am thinking about
writing a book, and it would be GREAT to be able to have the book itself
in
some sort of main tab, but I could create a new side tab for various
sections
of the book, then "link" them back to the main tab. so if I have a scene
in
my head that doesn't happen until the end of the book, I just write it
down
in a tab, then when I write the rest of the book and get to that section,
imbed a "link" to the tab. That way whenever I change something in the
tab,
it also changes in the main section. That would be fantastic!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

No

--
JoAnn Paules