Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeffery B Paarsa Jeffery B Paarsa is offline

Default Compiler for code.

Hello all,

By collecting minimum number of informations from a Userform poped up thru
clicking on a Word.dot, I am trying to print multiple documents. Everything
work with no problem but it is slow and slowness is because Interpretive
nature of VB. I wounder if there is compiler for the VB code generated via
Visual Basic programing function of Word so my code would run faster and
print out comes quicker?
--
Jeff B Paarsa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Jeff

You can create pre-compiled code using Visual Basic 6, without too much
modification to your code. In theory, running a DLL should be faster than
VBA, and I'm sure there are documented cases where that's the case. But in
day-to-day programming, I've never experienced a significant performance
improvement by moving code from VBA to VB6.

I suggest that you work out which bit of your code is the part that causes
the problems, and then post a question about that part of the code to one of
the microsoft.public.word.vba newsgroups.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Jeffery B Paarsa" wrote in message
news
Hello all,

By collecting minimum number of informations from a Userform poped up thru
clicking on a Word.dot, I am trying to print multiple documents.
Everything
work with no problem but it is slow and slowness is because Interpretive
nature of VB. I wounder if there is compiler for the VB code generated
via
Visual Basic programing function of Word so my code would run faster and
print out comes quicker?
--
Jeff B Paarsa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

It's very unlikely that the slowness is due to VBA being interpreted rather
than compiled (and technically, VBA is compiled before execution anyway).
Much more likely that your problem is cruddy code, or a result of doing
things that are inherently slow like interacting with the printer driver.
Try stepping through the code, or putting in some timing checks to find the
bottlenecks.