Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nicholai nicholai is offline

Default Bullet formatting

Hello,

So, I have an effective way of taking notes, but sometimes it's hard to
maintain. For every idea or sub-topic, I indent, thereby indicating that the
next series of points are under a certain idea or sub-topic.

For instance:

- Microsoft Word help
- Go to this site
- Ask for help

I'm now having a problem going back to set up new points - before the delete
button at the bullet was doing the trick - taking it one tab back - but now
it simply deletes it - this is very annoying since I don't know what caused
this.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the AutoCorrect dialog box, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab. Make
sure to enable the "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces"
option. Click OK.

To display the dialog box: In Word 2007, click the Office button, and then
click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click the AutoCorrect Options
button. If you are using Word 2003, click Tools | AutoCorrect Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP