Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sgantz925

Default Password

I feel like an idiot. I created a file in word and applied a password
to it. I wrote down the password so if I forgot it I could look it up.
Well as expected I forgot my password and the card that had the
password on it is lost forever ( the housekeeper at work tossed it;
fell on the floor and she thought it was trash). Anyway does anyone
know how or if there is a way that I can get into my file. It has
months worth of work in it and I would be devistated if I have to
recreate this file Please someone help!!
Thanks
Sara

--
sgantz925
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The document is encrypted and cannot be opened without the password. There
are hacking sites out there that purport to be able to crack the passwords
for a fee, though my experience suggests that they do not usually live up to
the hype unless the password is very simple. You also have the issue of
giving your credit card details to someone who cracks passwords to consider.
If you are not deterred, then have a dig around Google.