Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dinah32

Default How do I combine two symbols in Word, e.i. "/"?

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and "/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

I'm not sure I know what you mean by combine. You could make it an autotext
entry by typing it, selecting it, and the click on INSERT in the menu, select
AUTOTEXT and then select NEW ENTRY. Give the symbol a name like s1 (for
symbol 1). To insert it, enter the name of the symbol set and press F3.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Dinah32" wrote:

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and "/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

One way is to insert an { EQ \o(,/)} field.

Dinah32 wrote:

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and "/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

Use an equation field with the overstrike option. For your example, click
Ctrl+F9, which will being up the field code braces. Inside the braces type
Eq \o (,/). When done, right-click and toggle the field codes.

For more on the Equation field with options, switches, etc. do a search in
Word using Equation field code.

After you have created your combined symbol, you can save it as an AutoText
entry.

"Dinah32" wrote:

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and "/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dinah32

Thank you, I found this to be most helpful. Now I have another problem. I'm
trying to get this symbol I created into PowerPoint and it won't copy in. Do
you know of anyother way to do this??

"Dinah32" wrote:

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and "/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dinah32

Yes, but I don't have 226F available on Word. I'm trying to add the symbol I
created to PowerPoint and need the steps to do that. Copying and pasting
doesn't work.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you see my reply?

"Dinah32" wrote:

I want to combine two symbols, in this instance it would be "" and

"/" but
as I'm asking I'd like to know how to combine any two symbols.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You will need to install the Arial Unicode MS font if it is not already
installed, then select that font in the Insert | Symbol dialog.

"Dinah32" wrote in message
Yes, but I don't have 226F available on Word. I'm trying to add the

symbol I
created to PowerPoint and need the steps to do that. Copying and pasting
doesn't work.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you see my reply?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM