Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default Word 2007 keeps installing

Every time I open Word 2007, it goes into an installation mode which takes
about 5 minutes to complete. The other Office programs work ok.

What is happening? How do I stop from trying to install itself every time I
start it?

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Windows Update's version number 7.2.6001.788
Internet Explorer Product Version 7.00.6000.16791
LENOVO ThinkPad T60
Physical Memory 1535 MB Total

--
Thank you,
John Gregory
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine, see the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are running Word 2007, only, try logging in as Administrator and see
if that allows the installation process to complete successfully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JGreg7" wrote in message
news
Every time I open Word 2007, it goes into an installation mode which takes
about 5 minutes to complete. The other Office programs work ok.

What is happening? How do I stop from trying to install itself every time
start it?

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Windows Update's version number 7.2.6001.788
Internet Explorer Product Version 7.00.6000.16791
LENOVO ThinkPad T60
Physical Memory 1535 MB Total

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

The registry change seems to be working, thank you.

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine, see the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are running Word 2007, only, try logging in as Administrator and see
if that allows the installation process to complete successfully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JGreg7" wrote in message
news
Every time I open Word 2007, it goes into an installation mode which takes
about 5 minutes to complete. The other Office programs work ok.

What is happening? How do I stop from trying to install itself every time
start it?

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Windows Update's version number 7.2.6001.788
Internet Explorer Product Version 7.00.6000.16791
LENOVO ThinkPad T60
Physical Memory 1535 MB Total

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine, see
the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are running Word 2007, only, try logging in as Administrator and
see
if that allows the installation process to complete successfully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JGreg7" wrote in message
news
Every time I open Word 2007, it goes into an installation mode which
takes
about 5 minutes to complete. The other Office programs work ok.

What is happening? How do I stop from trying to install itself every
time
start it?

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Windows Update's version number 7.2.6001.788
Internet Explorer Product Version 7.00.6000.16791
LENOVO ThinkPad T60
Physical Memory 1535 MB Total

--
Thank you,
John Gregory

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are running both Word 2007 and Word 2003 on the same machine, see
the
"Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

If you are running Word 2007, only, try logging in as Administrator and
see
if that allows the installation process to complete successfully.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news