Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Internet Teacher Internet Teacher is offline

Default Looking for a template for work rotation/scheduling in a calendar

Does this exist? I'm trying to schedule three staff for four roles equally
and hoping to display in a calendar format.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello IT

Internet Teacher wrote:
Does this exist? I'm trying to schedule three staff for four roles equally
and hoping to display in a calendar format.

I don't think Word is a good starting point for such a task:

1. you can certainly try to *display* something like this in Word, but
you start pretty much from scratch with what will end up to be a fixed
layout in a cell-like setup. (Even Excel would be easier, I guess).

2. even if you end up with a workable layout, all the *logic* one would
expect from a scheduling tool would have to be added manually (or
through code).

Maybe Project, or Outlook, would be more natural choices.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |