Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Add built-in title to style above a border?

I have some styles that need a border *and* a title above the border. I'd
rather not have to use a separate paragraph with its own style to add the
title. Is there any way to include the title as something built-in but also
appear above the border?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Simply modify the Heading Style you are using by adding a Paragraph Border
beneath it. Couldn't be simpler.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" u3143@uwe wrote in message
I have some styles that need a border *and* a title above the border. I'd
rather not have to use a separate paragraph with its own style to add the
title. Is there any way to include the title as something built-in but
also
appear above the border?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

I neglected a detail in my question. Your answer sounds like it would end up
with just one border, but the paragraph needs a border both above and below
it, and the heading is above the top border. The heading is always the same,
so I'd like it built into the style. Your answer still might apply, but I'm
not sure how it would work. Can the built-in heading and border both be
incorporated in the paragraph style?

Terry Farrell wrote:
Simply modify the Heading Style you are using by adding a Paragraph Border
beneath it. Couldn't be simpler.

I have some styles that need a border *and* a title above the border. I'd
rather not have to use a separate paragraph with its own style to add the
title. Is there any way to include the title as something built-in but
also
appear above the border?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, Word styles cannot include text of any kind. They're strictly
formatting.

What you could do is to save the heading plus a bordered (but
otherwise empty) paragraph mark as an AutoText or formatted
AutoCorrect entry. When you need such a construct, insert the entry
and then fill the paragraph with text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:58:03 GMT, "christophercbrewster via