Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta2TR Can't Open File

I get following message when trying to open docx file created on work PC
(same version of Word) on my home PC:

The Office Open XML file filename.docx cannot be opened because there are
problems with the contents.

When I look at the details:

Unspecified error. Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 679532

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Download Word .NET from http://www.independentsoft.de/ and open the document
with this component and then save it again.

-Michael

"Tom" wrote in message
I get following message when trying to open docx file created on work PC
(same version of Word) on my home PC:

The Office Open XML file filename.docx cannot be opened because there
are
problems with the contents.

When I look at the details:

Unspecified error. Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column:
679532

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks for the suggestion. This did not solve the problem. No one, including
myself, is able to open a docx file created on my work PC installation of
Office 2007 Beta2, TR on any other PC using same version of Word 2007.

Anyone else have any solutions?

"Tom" wrote in message
I get following message when trying to open docx file created on work PC
(same version of Word) on my home PC:

The Office Open XML file filename.docx cannot be opened because there
are
problems with the contents.

When I look at the details:

Unspecified error. Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column:
679532

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Create a new document, verify that you can't open it and email it to me.
You can get my email from my website.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote