Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HelpDesk HelpDesk is offline

Default Question about mail merge window and word startup.

Hi. I am kind of embarassed asking this but..

I am asking about the mail merge wizard. It can be reached on the main
toolbar by going to TOOLS---LETTERS and MAILINGS--MAIL MERGE WIZARD.

When you click on it, it opens up the wizard. My question is how do you have
it open up automatically when you first open up Word? How can i prevent it
from opening up when i first open up Word? (i'm sure this is easy but i can't
figure it out. I've never had a reason to use it)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want the mail merge task pane to show when you start Word then you
need the following macros in normal.dot
If you don't want it to show, then you don't! If you get an error on
starting extend the time from "00:00:01" to "00:00:03"
to give Word time to open the start document.

Sub AutoExec()
Application.OnTime _
When:=Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"), Name:="MergePane"
End Sub

Sub MergePane()
Application.TaskPanes.Item(wdTaskPaneMailMerge).Vi sible = True
End Sub

Hi. I am kind of embarrassed asking this but..