Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rodger Rodger is offline

Default Documents not keeping datasouce linked.

Hello all,

I have an Access Database that I create several queries to merge with
multiple Word Documents. I have an new issue that just starting happening
with Access 2003 and Word 2003. I also have this on another server with
Access XP and Word XP. When I run my code and it opens the Word Document it
merges the document with the query; however when I run it on the Server with
Access 2003 and Word 2003 the document opens but I have to setup the
datasource all over again. I used to just open the Word Document (2003) and
tell it it is OK to run the SQL script save it and then go back into Access
and it works, but now this is not happening. The Database and Documents are
a copy of what is on the other server. Both servers are Windows Server 2003
SP2, the only difference is one has Office XP, the one that works and the
one that does not work has Office 2003. I do not think this has anything to
do with my code as it was working until I copied some new documents up to
the Office 2003 server. Is there a setting in Word that I need to look for?

TIA,
Rodger

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you applied the registry change described in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825765

?

--
Peter Jamieson

[...]

[...]