Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chickie919 chickie919 is offline

Default When printing Labels it says out of paper

I'm doing mail merge with an Excel spreadsheet.
Every time I try to print, my printer runs like it's checking for paper and
then says it's out of paper. I've tried doing it with plain paper instead of
labels in the printer, and it does the same thing.
But it will print anything and everything else.
I've also tried doing the merge over again. I've tried saving the merged
data in another document and printing it from there.
Nothing is working. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is your printer trying to draw paper from a different paper source than
usual (e.g. a manual feed)? With either the Mail Merge Main Document (label
layout) document open or the output document open and have a look at the
Paper source options in File|Page Setup|Paper

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"chickie919" wrote in message
I'm doing mail merge with an Excel spreadsheet.
Every time I try to print, my printer runs like it's checking for paper
and
then says it's out of paper. I've tried doing it with plain paper instead
of
labels in the printer, and it does the same thing.
But it will print anything and everything else.
I've also tried doing the merge over again. I've tried saving the merged
data in another document and printing it from there.
Nothing is working. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chickie919 chickie919 is offline

It was the usual paper source, but after reading your suggestions, I then
tried with all the other choices (tray 1, printer select, etc.). Nothing
worked.