Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bob is offline

Default How to Insert Delivery Point Barcode in Word Documet

How do I insert a delivery barcode in a word 2007 document when printing an
envelope?

You used to be able to do it in word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bob is offline

I don't care about a discount, I just want to print the barcode.

"Bob" wrote:

How do I insert a delivery barcode in a word 2007 document when printing an
envelope?

You used to be able to do it in word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can still insert barcode fields manually - in fact, if you have an
existing document that contains one that works, I'd copy/paste it into your
Word 2007 document. If you need further info on the exact format of a
BARCODE field, search this group using Google groups.

The problem with the barcodes inserted by Word is not just to do with the
fact that you can't use this software to get bulk discounts. It's also to do
with the fact that for multi-unit addresses (apartment blocks etc.) the
geenrated barcodes may be incorrect because the USPS changed the algorithm
several years ago and Word did not keep up. In other words, your mail might
not be handled correctly by the USPS. I am told that barcodes generated from
9-digit ZIP codes are correct, but have no means of verifying that that is
still correct.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Bob" wrote:

How do I insert a delivery barcode in a word 2007 document when printing
an
envelope?

You used to be able to do it in word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bob is offline

Thanks. From reading here, it sounded like it was just because of the
discount.

"Bob" wrote:

How do I insert a delivery barcode in a word 2007 document when printing
an
envelope?

You used to be able to do it in word 2003.

Delivery point barcode will not print on envelopes? JimJan Microsoft Word Help 4 July 8th 13 03:44 AM
How do you show delivery point barcode on envelope mailing in Word Easyrider Mailmerge 1 March 28th 07 02:49 AM
Delivery Point Barcode twen Mailmerge 1 November 16th 06 10:14 AM
'delivery point barcode' Mike L Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 05 10:13 PM
Delivery point barcode Hank-B Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 05 05:16 PM