Nick

Default Caption error

Hi

hope someone could help. Does anyone know why I get the error message

" Error! No text of specified style in document."

in my captions.

thanks,

Nick
Word Heretic

G'day "Nick" ,

Because your captions default to having a STYLEREF field at the start
to pick up the Heading 1 numbering so your captions read
1-1,1-2,2-1,2-2 and so on. If you press Alt+F9 you will see these
fields.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Nick reckoned:

Hi

hope someone could help. Does anyone know why I get the error message

" Error! No text of specified style in document."

in my captions.

thanks,

Nick

Peachy

I encountered the same issue while applying the caption style in a blank
document (no heading styles applied) to create table title field so the table
title caption looks like this.

Table Error! No text of specified style in document.-1

Why is this happening?

thanks,
peachy

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day "Nick" ,

Because your captions default to having a STYLEREF field at the start
to pick up the Heading 1 numbering so your captions read
1-1,1-2,2-1,2-2 and so on. If you press Alt+F9 you will see these
fields.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Nick reckoned:

Hi

hope someone could help. Does anyone know why I get the error message

" Error! No text of specified style in document."

in my captions.

thanks,

Nick

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGVhY2h5?=,

I encountered the same issue while applying the caption style in a blank
document (no heading styles applied) to create table title field so the table
title caption looks like this.

Table Error! No text of specified style in document.-1

Press alt+F9 to view the field codes. What field code do you see in place of the
error message? Probably a StyleREf field for a Heading style. If you don't plan
on using heading styles, then you need to click the "Numbering" button in the
Insert Caption dialog box and remove the checkmark next to the section on
including heading numbering.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Peachy

Hello Cindy,

I appreciate that you took the time to respond to my question on Valentine's
Day. I will apply your suggestion and let you know if it works.
Thanks,
Peachy

Hi ?B?UGVhY2h5?=,