Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michele Michele is offline

Default clarification on "How to rotate a table" posting

I'm just making sure that I'm not missing something here. Using MS Word
2003, if I have a portrait layout, I can't turn my table to make better use
of my current layout. However, I can recreate the table and rotate the text
so that my appearance would be close to my requirements. The portrait layout
is a requirement for my delivery.

I currently have this page as a picture but would prefer it to be a table so
that the data is searchable when a .pdf is created.

--
Michele
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can't turn the table itself, no, but you can certainly change the page
orientation for just that page; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"Michele" wrote in message
I'm just making sure that I'm not missing something here. Using MS Word
2003, if I have a portrait layout, I can't turn my table to make better
use
of my current layout. However, I can recreate the table and rotate the
text
so that my appearance would be close to my requirements. The portrait
layout
is a requirement for my delivery.

I currently have this page as a picture but would prefer it to be a table
so
that the data is searchable when a .pdf is created.

--
Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Julie Julie is offline

I have another questions rotating text. I have many columns in one table
and would like my headers (titles for each column) to run vertical/diagonally
so that I can read them. The columns areas ('boxes') below just need to be
wide enough for an "X" to be placed in them. I'm hoping you understand this
request.
--
Julie