Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Footnotes not printing Word 2007

I have a longish document with a standard footnote on all pages.

However for some pages, it seems those with charts on them, the footnote
does not print although it appears on the screen.

Any suggestions. The margins are the same as the other pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If your charts are wrapped rather than inline, they may be overlapping and
hiding the footer. There is a Compatibility Option to "Print body text
before header/footer" that, if checked, might be a problem.

"Calvin" wrote in message
Yes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm guess you mean "footer" rather than "footnote"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Calvin" wrote in message
I have a longish document with a standard footnote on all pages.

However for some pages, it seems those with charts on them, the

footnote
does not print although it appears on the screen.

Any suggestions. The margins are the same as the other pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Calvin Calvin is offline

This has not worked - I've tried it on a single sheet. I have a single
picture (Chart pasted as enhanced metafile) after which the footer does not
print. If I remove the picture the footer prints. The chart is small nowhere
near the footer. Inline or wrapped seems to make no difference.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If your charts are wrapped rather than inline, they may be overlapping and
hiding the footer. There is a Compatibility Option to "Print body text
before header/footer" that, if checked, might be a problem.

"Calvin" wrote in message
Yes.

"Calvin" wrote in message
I have a longish document with a standard footnote on all pages.

However for some pages, it seems those with charts on them, the

footnote
does not print although it appears on the screen.

Any suggestions. The margins are the same as the other pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Calvin Calvin is offline

Yes, it's in the preview but not on the paper and on more than one printer.

And the annoying thing is that there are some pages with images and text
where the footer does print. I have tried moving section breaks, putting text
at the end etc. but to no avail.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If your charts are wrapped rather than inline, they may be overlapping

and
hiding the footer. There is a Compatibility Option to "Print body text
before header/footer" that, if checked, might be a problem.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Calvin" wrote in message
Yes.

"Calvin" wrote in message
I have a longish document with a standard footnote on all pages.

However for some pages, it seems those with charts on them, the
footnote
does not print although it appears on the screen.

Any suggestions. The margins are the same as the other pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If it shows in Print Preview but doesn't print, then I'd direct efforts
toward the printer driver rather than Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If your charts are wrapped rather than inline, they may be

overlapping
and
hiding the footer. There is a Compatibility Option to "Print body

text
before header/footer" that, if checked, might be a problem.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Calvin" wrote in message
Yes.

"Calvin" wrote in message
I have a longish document with a standard footnote on all

pages.

However for some pages, it seems those with charts on them,

the
footnote
does not print although it appears on the screen.

Any suggestions. The margins are the same as the other pages.

Printing in Word 2007 Bob Microsoft Word Help 2 May 30th 07 12:53 PM
How to enable Footnotes in Word 2003 when View Footnotes is OFF? Leechado Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 03:43 PM
printing in word 2007 bro New Users 2 June 10th 06 10:20 AM
footnotes are not printing Rambling Rhonda Microsoft Word Help 1 May 7th 06 04:20 PM
Printing footnotes and page numbers in Outline Carol Bell Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 05:39 AM