Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jonathanmenn jonathanmenn is offline

Default Page numbering

This is probably pretty simple, but I can't figure it out from the
instructions Word gives: I have a paper with a title page and then several
pages of text; I want to have the title page unnumbered, but the text
numbered, beginning with "1" (even though the text actually begins on the
second page of my paper). How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

jonathanmenn wrote:
This is probably pretty simple, but I can't figure it out from the
instructions Word gives: I have a paper with a title page and then
several pages of text; I want to have the title page unnumbered, but
the text numbered, beginning with "1" (even though the text actually
begins on the second page of my paper). How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm

On Mar 8, 3:12 pm, jonathanmenn
wrote:
This is probably pretty simple, but I can't figure it out from the
instructions Word gives: I have a paper with a title page and then several
pages of text; I want to have the title page unnumbered, but the text
numbered, beginning with "1" (even though the text actually begins on the
second page of my paper). How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For this particular very simple situation (and *only* for this one), you can
use one of the following approaches:

1. If you're inserting your page numbers through the Insert | Page Numbers
dialog, clear the box for "Show number on first page," then click Format...
and set the numbering to start from 0.

2. Alternatively, if you're inserting the page number using the Insert Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar, click Page Setup on the
toolbar and check the box for "Different first page." This will give you a
separate First Page Header/Footer, which you will leave blank. In your
Header/Footer, you'll insert the page number, then click Format Page Number