Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] HenryMish@gmail.com is offline

Default Help, When I right click on a date field....

and choose 'update', Word2003 doesn't return todays date but keeps the
date the same. If I click 'insert field' the applet shows the correct
date but inserts the old date from the document. Insert date returns
the correct date. This has been working well for the past year. I have
updated office2003 and rebooted. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Blackbag

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this definitely a { DATE } field and not (for example) a { CREATEDATE }
field?

If you use Alt-F9 to show the underlying field code, what do you see:?

Peter Jamieson
wrote in message
ups.com...
and choose 'update', Word2003 doesn't return todays date but keeps the
date the same. If I click 'insert field' the applet shows the correct
date but inserts the old date from the document. Insert date returns
the correct date. This has been working well for the past year. I have
updated office2003 and rebooted. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Blackbag

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 25, 2:20 pm, wrote:
and choose 'update', Word2003 doesn't return todays date but keeps the
date the same. If I click 'insert field' the applet shows the correct
date but inserts the old date from the document. Insert date returns
the correct date. This has been working well for the past year. I have
updated office2003 and rebooted. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Blackbag

What I see is: {CREATEDATE \@"MMMM d, yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT}

BTW, If I save the file first, then it works. I'm sorry if I am too
stupid to figure theis out.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you probably need to do is use Alt-F9 to see the underlying field code
and delete the "CREATE" part. If you are creating your documents from a
template that has a { CREATEDATE } field in it, then you need to modify the
field in there as well so it's just a { DATE } field. If you're not aware of
using a template, maybe we need to go a few steps back...

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 25, 2:20 pm, wrote:
and choose 'update', Word2003 doesn't return todays date but keeps the
date the same. If I click 'insert field' the applet shows the correct
date but inserts the old date from the document. Insert date returns
the correct date. This has been working well for the past year. I have
updated office2003 and rebooted. Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Blackbag

What I see is: {CREATEDATE \@"MMMM d, yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT}

BTW, If I save the file first, then it works. I'm sorry if I am too
stupid to figure theis out.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A Createdate field always displays the date the document was created. A
createdate field in the document template will allow you to create new
documents from that template each with the (fixed) date they are created,
while the date in the template always displays the date it ws created.
Change this to Date if you want the date to update every time the document
is opened (or use SaveAs to save the document which will update the creation
date).