Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Alt key commands (accented letters)

Greetings. I am trying to write some text in French in Word. The problem is
that when I use the Alt key commands, the accented characters that come up
are automatically changed from Times New Roman font to Lucida Sans Unicode.
However do I get this change to stop happening? I want the letters to appear
in times New Roman font just like the rest of the test. also, I do not want
to use Character Map or Word's symbol feature to produce these letters as
such would take too much time. Thank you for your assistance.