Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
K Hyzer K Hyzer is offline

Default IF command to insert a comma if the Title field is not blank

I am merging a mailing list to a Word letter. I will be printing the person's
name followed by their title. How do I set up the IF command to insert a
comma after the person's name if the Title field is not blank? I am using
Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Insert and If...then...Else... field from the Word Fields toolbar, or using
Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters, create the following in the document

{ IF { MERGEFIELD Title } "" ", { MERGEFIELD Title }" }

Use Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of field codes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"K Hyzer" K wrote in message
I am merging a mailing list to a Word letter. I will be printing the
person's
name followed by their title. How do I set up the IF command to insert a
comma after the person's name if the Title field is not blank? I am using
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
K Hyzer K Hyzer is offline

This helped - I'm almost there. This does insert the title field, but not a
comma. This is what I put in the document:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD Title } "" ", {MERGEFIELD Title }" }

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kim