Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steven Charles Steven Charles is offline

Default Office Add-Ins

Word 2007 has been crashing on startup. I would like to get rid of some
office add-ins but each time I try I get this error message.

"The connected state of Office Add-Ins registered in HKLM cannot be
changed".

Somehow, I've got three different PDF add-ins & I'd like to keep only the
one from Adobe & dump the rest. (Is this the new search toolbar that's
bundeled with everything?) Anyway, I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:10:10 -0500 from Steven Charles
:
Word 2007 has been crashing on startup. I would like to get rid of some
office add-ins but each time I try I get this error message.

"The connected state of Office Add-Ins registered in HKLM cannot be
changed".

Somehow, I've got three different PDF add-ins & I'd like to keep only the
one from Adobe & dump the rest. (Is this the new search toolbar that's
bundeled with everything?) Anyway, I'd appreciate any help with this.

I have 2003 not 2007, so I have not tried the below myself. But it
*should* work by analogy with 2003.

Are you comfortable editing the Registry? If so,

1. Close Word. (Use Task Manager to check for any invisible Word
processes left open.)

2. Open Regedit, navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Word

3. Export that key, then delete the lines that reference the unwanted
add-ins. (They are probably in a subkey ather than directly in the
Word key.)

4. Close Regedit.

5. Open Word and see what happens.

If it doesn't make things better, or if it makes things worse,
double-click the file you exported in step 3, and it will return that
part of your registry to the state before you did your edits.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/