Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hmm

Default Colored formatting marks

I would like to show the formatting marks in red so they stand out. I can do
a find for a particular mark and replace the formatting (color) for each
instance automatically. But is there any way to do this for ALL formatting
marks?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi hmm...

What do you mean by "formatting marks"? Tabs, paragraph marks and such?

If so, you cannot give tabs a red color in such a way that the color is
visible. You can give tabs a red highlight, but I cannot imagine why you
would want to do that since the highlight will be printed as well.

Paragraph marks can have a foreground (font) color, but can't be highlighted.
So: no, there is no way to do this for ALL formatting marks?

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"hmm" wrote:

I would like to show the formatting marks in red so they stand out. I can do
a find for a particular mark and replace the formatting (color) for each
instance automatically. But is there any way to do this for ALL formatting
marks?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're really determined, this can be done with Find and Replace. Search
for a space, tab (^t), or paragraph mark (^p) and replace with ^& (Find What
Text), formatted as Font color: Red.

"hmm" wrote in message
I would like to show the formatting marks in red so they stand out. I can

do
a find for a particular mark and replace the formatting (color) for each
instance automatically. But is there any way to do this for ALL

formatting
marks?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can format a tab as red but it still appears as black on the screen - at
least it does on mine.

I must also add that any technique of doing this is not formatting the marks
themselves - it is formatting the underlying document and not really
advisable.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you're really determined, this can be done with Find and Replace.

for a space, tab (^t), or paragraph mark (^p) and replace with ^& (Find

What
Text), formatted as Font color: Red.

so
all may benefit.

"hmm" wrote in message
I would like to show the formatting marks in red so they stand out. I

can
do
a find for a particular mark and replace the formatting (color) for each
instance automatically. But is there any way to do this for ALL

formatting
marks?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I confess I tested only with spaces. It doesn't work here with tabs, either.
Interestingly, although you can select a paragraph mark and apply a font
color, the replace operation doesn't do this. I agree that this is not
advisable, though, and formatting paragraph marks is especially inadvisable
because it will affect autonumbering.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
You can format a tab as red but it still appears as black on the screen -

at
least it does on mine.

I must also add that any technique of doing this is not formatting the

marks
themselves - it is formatting the underlying document and not really
advisable.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you're really determined, this can be done with Find and Replace.

for a space, tab (^t), or paragraph mark (^p) and replace with ^& (Find

What
Text), formatted as Font color: Red.

newsgroup
so