Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sharita sharita is offline

Default Page Numbering in Word

I need to change the location of page numbers in my document. On some pages
I need the page numbers to appear in the header and on others I need it to
appear in the footer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

At the end of the page that you want the numbering to stop in either the
Header or Footer, insert a Section Break. Then be sure and change the
section formatting of the next section so that it does NOT link to previous
section.

For example:

Pages 1 - 3 have page numbers in Header
At the Endo of Page 3, insert a section Break - I prefer Next Page
Click into the Header Section on Page 4 (Section 2) and toggle off the Link
to Previous Section (Section 1). At this point you will need to delete the
page numbering in the Header section.
Switch to the Footer area and toggle off the Link to Previous Section. Then
you will need to Insert the page numbering in the footer area.

Repeat as necessary for each of the page numbering changes.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"sharita" wrote in message
I need to change the location of page numbers in my document. On some pages
I need the page numbers to appear in the header and on others I need it to
appear in the footer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the page where you want a "drop folio" (page number in the footer) is the
first page of a chapter, then insert section breaks between chapters, enable
the "Different first page" option on the Layout tab of Page Setup, and put
the page number in the Header and First Page Footer, leaving the First Page
Header and Footer blank.