Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Stop Header

I am using Word 2003.
I have a 10 page document with both headers and footers. The header
contains "page _#__ of Page _#'s__". Now I want to add another page but do
not want the header on it or the page to be counted in the pages. I think I
have done this before but must be having a senior moment, because I can't
think of what I would have done.

How can I add a page without the header or being counted in the page
numbers? I would appreciate any help you can give me.

thank you - aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the new page is at the beginning, you could use the Different first page
option (File - Page Setup - Layout tab).

Anywhere else, separate the page with a Next Page section break (Insert -
Break - Next Page), then turn off the Same as Previous option in the
Header/Footer toolbar so that that new document section's header/footer can
be unlinked to other sections' numbering, etc.

If the new page is between pages that are to be numbered, you will have to
futz with the latter section's number to force it to resume correctly.

his can be complicated, but not impossible, so post back if you have
problems.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Aurora" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003.
I have a 10 page document with both headers and footers. The header
contains "page _#__ of Page _#'s__". Now I want to add another page but
do
not want the header on it or the page to be counted in the pages. I
think I
have done this before but must be having a senior moment, because I can't
think of what I would have done.

How can I add a page without the header or being counted in the page
numbers? I would appreciate any help you can give me.

thank you - aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aurora Aurora is offline

Herb - Thank you ever so much. I knew I had done this before. I just hate
"senior moments". They make me feel so dumb. I really appreciate your help
and the help of this whole group. ---- Aurora