suzanne

Default Color in Headers

When I insert text in a color in the header, it looks normal until I close
the header. Then, the color disappears and the type becomes some neutral
grayed-back shade. How can I keep the same bright color as when the header is
open? Thanks.
Nikki

Hi Suzanne,

It only seems to change colour in the heading but in reality i doesn't. It
remains grey whilst as a word document, purely so as not to confuse with the
actual text. Once printed out it will be the same colour as the rest of the
document. Hope this helps.

"suzanne" wrote:

When I insert text in a color in the header, it looks normal until I close
the header. Then, the color disappears and the type becomes some neutral
grayed-back shade. How can I keep the same bright color as when the header is
open? Thanks.

Charles Kenyon

You can not. Word is not designed to produce documents for use on the
computer but to produce printed documents. You can convert your finished
document to a pdf file if you are emailing it. Then the headers/footers will
show as they would if printed.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"suzanne" wrote in message
news
When I insert text in a color in the header, it looks normal until I close
the header. Then, the color disappears and the type becomes some neutral
grayed-back shade. How can I keep the same bright color as when the header
is
open? Thanks.

Text (and color) in headers and footers is dimmed when you're working in the
main document "layer." The reverse is true when you are working in the
header/footer: then the content of the main document is dimmed. As Charles
said, Word is designed to create documents to be printed, not to be viewed
onscreen.

"suzanne" wrote in message
news
When I insert text in a color in the header, it looks normal until I close
the header. Then, the color disappears and the type becomes some neutral
grayed-back shade. How can I keep the same bright color as when the header

is
open? Thanks.

Suzanne

Thanks. I guess the solution is to make a pdf which will read properly on the
screen. I can't send Word docs that have display flaws to clients, as they
are meant to be read on the screen, not necessarily printed out.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Text (and color) in headers and footers is dimmed when you're working in the
main document "layer." The reverse is true when you are working in the
header/footer: then the content of the main document is dimmed. As Charles
said, Word is designed to create documents to be printed, not to be viewed
onscreen.

news