Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ARF!

Default No labels in preview mode

When trying to merge an Excel Document into labels with Mail merge, and
following all the steps, when step 5 (Preview your lables) is reached, no
labels show up. When we complete the next step (finalize your labels) there
are still no labels. Why not? What has happened? This was working just fine
Friday and now it does not work on any computer (four in all). It is very
important that I am able receieve help on this because we are a
non-for-profit and unable to afford the $35 that Microsoft will charge us.
But mailing are how we raise money.

Thank you for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Quite honestly, Arf, I'd pretty much have to see the file to know exactly
why not. Things to try:
1. Select your names and address in Excel. Hit Insert--Name--Define and
call it myaddies. Then rerun the mail merge using myaddies instead of
"entire sheet".
2. If 1 didn't work, try copying your names and addresses to a new Excel
file. I've found several times that it was something weird in the Excel file
and it worked.
3. You DO have merge fields in your document, right? They'd probably look
similar to the picture in this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/t...oft_word. htm
4. Send me the file to my first name (below) at the website below.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"ARF!" wrote in message
When trying to merge an Excel Document into labels with Mail merge, and
following all the steps, when step 5 (Preview your lables) is reached, no
labels show up. When we complete the next step (finalize your labels)
there
are still no labels. Why not? What has happened? This was working just
fine
Friday and now it does not work on any computer (four in all). It is very
important that I am able receieve help on this because we are a
non-for-profit and unable to afford the $35 that Microsoft will charge us.
But mailing are how we raise money.

Thank you for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Or maybe all you need to do is select Show Gridlines from the Tables menu to
see the outline of the labels if that is what you mean by "No labels"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP