Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Springhill Community Centre

Default How do I stop data from being truncated in a mail merge?

I am performing a mail merge for the purpose of Official Tax Reeipts for
Donors of our Campaign. Some donors have made upwards of 20 donations and
one of the fields lists each donation...amount and date. The data in Excel
has all of this information however; when Word merges the data it is
truncating it. What setting do I use to prevent this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U3ByaW5naGlsbCBDb21tdW5pdHkgQ2VudHJl?=,

I am performing a mail merge for the purpose of Official Tax Reeipts for
Donors of our Campaign. Some donors have made upwards of 20 donations and
one of the fields lists each donation...amount and date. The data in Excel
has all of this information however; when Word merges the data it is
truncating it.

Which version of Word is this?

May I assume you're not explicitly telling Word which connection method to use
to link up to the Excel data? (In that case I'll know which it is as soon as
you tell us the version, otherwise, please tell us.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org